Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More on Leadership

Here is a brief word on leadership by my friend Chris Whitehead, one of the pastors of Charter Oak United Methodist Church in Greensburg, PA. Chris and I agree on most things theological in nature, but disagree at times on strategy and ecclesiology (I am really drawn to historical / liturgical worship; Chris is more drawn, in my view, to the "Baby Boomer praise style" that is seen in so many churches these days). His blog centers really around what's happening at Charter Oak (about which he's very excited) and his passion for leadership development; Chris' passion in this area has inspired many pastors in our Conference, myself included, to be more deliberate and intentional about developing these skills. This particular post gives a strong reminder about what can happen when we lead where God calls...sometimes in the face of opposition.

No comments: