Wednesday, September 06, 2006

NFL Rankings - Preseason

My picks as the Top Ten best teams in the NFL. The season begins tomorrow night in Pittsburgh.

1 - Indianapolis Colts...my pick to win the Super Bowl
2 - Carolina Panthers...my pick to win the NFC
3 - Pittsburgh Steelers
...assuming a healthy QB
4 - New England Patriots...Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL, and will keep them competitive
5 - Seattle Seahawks...they'll surprise no one this year
6 - Cincinnati Bengals
...assuming a healthy QB
7 - Denver Broncos...Shanahan always keeps them competitive
8 - Dallas Cowboys...assuming a healthy QB and no T.O. explosion
9 - Atlanta Falcons...Michael Vick is amazing to watch
10 - Detroit Lions...my pick as "the surprise of the year"

Other NFL picks:

MVP - Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts, QB
Defensive Player of the Year - Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers, SS
Coach of the Year - Rod Marinelli, Detroit Lions
Rookie of the Year - Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints, RB
2007 #1 Draft Pick - San Francisco 49ers
Notable retirements at season's end - Brett Favre, Bill Cowher

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been riding that Detroit Lions train for the past few years and it hasn't paid off yet. Hopefully this year...

Anonymous said...

I think Carolina will win it all.
But no one expected the Steelers
to win last year, did they? So
we'll just have to watch the games.
Won't that be fun? I can't wait!
Let the games begin!! Finally,the
NFL is playing again (I don't
count the preseason.)