Monday, June 12, 2006

Goodbyes

Yesterday, I preached for the final time at Vanderbilt United Methodist Church. It was a joint service of the Dawson Charge. It was packed, everything went well, a very moving Eucharist celebrated, and there were lots of tears. It has been a blessing in these last few months to see some of the fruit of our ministry here. There are wonderful people here and I will miss them mightily. May God bless David Bell, their new pastor, who begins July 1.

I am now pretty much finished in Dawson in terms of ministry. I'll be at Annual Conference this week, then we're on vacation for the rest of June (a working vacation...packing). I begin at Jefferson UMC July 1, preach my first sermon there July 2, and we'll move to the parsonage in Jefferson Hills July 6 (our anniversary).

No comments: