Saturday, March 17, 2007

I U P

Indiana University of Pennsylvania, better known regionally as "IUP", voted last year to change its nickname from "Indians" to "Crimson Hawks" in order to comply with new NCAA regulations (the other finalists were, I believe, the "Gray Wolves" and the "Crimson Thunder", which received my vote). Earlier this month, IUP has settled on a new mascot image, which you can see to the right.

I am a proud graduate of IUP, earning my B.A. in History in 1996. I don't get back to Indiana, PA very often, but I cherish my years at IUP, from the beauty of the Oak Grove to the excellent education I received. The people of Trinity UM Church in Indiana, who sent us into ministry, will always have a special place in our hearts. Also, my cousin is now a professor at IUP (in many ways, my dream job), which makes for a neat connection.

At any rate, I just wanted to post this image of the new mascot...go IUP!

No comments: