Sunday, October 01, 2006

Spamalot

This afternoon, my beautiful wife Robyn and I went to see Monty Python's "Spamalot", a Tony-award winning musical based on the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Funny, funny stuff. I recommend this show, which is just completing its current tour stop in Pittsburgh, to anyone who likes to laugh and loves to sing. After the show, Robyn and I went to dinner together...a rarity, given the busy nature of our lives and the balancing act called "parenthood" with our four children.

So, I celebrated the Eucharist this morning on World Communion Sunday, then spent some time with a stunning woman whom I happen to love. All in all, a good day!

"If you trust in your song
Keep your eyes on the goal
Then the prize you won't fail
That's your grail

So be strong
Keep right on
To the end of your song
Do not fail
Find your grail

Life is really up to you
You must choose what to pursue
Set your mind on what to find
And there's nothin' you can't do

So keep right to the end
You'll find your goal my friend
You won't fail
Find your grail"
- Eric Idle, 2004

(Those lyrics, to the Spamalot song "Find Your Grail", sounded fairly Arminian to me, so I thought I'd post them.)

1 comment:

Neil said...

Spamalot was fantastic. We saw it in NY and can't wait for it to come to Houston next year. My wife and teenaged daughters loved the Holy Grail movie and like Spamalot even more. How lucky can I be?