Monday, October 09, 2006

Laity Sunday

In The United Methodist Church, this Sunday (October 15) has been designated Laity Sunday. It is a day when we are called to celebrate the ministry of the laity. What's so odd is that we should be doing that every day!

Many congregations celebrate the day by having lay speakers preach. At Jefferson UMC, we have two lay speakers who will bring the message. At our 8:30 AM service, Eric Jones will preach; at our 11 AM service, Ron Lewis will preach. Both are fine communicators and faithful servants in our church. I'm looking foward to sitting with my family as we worship the Lord together, something we don't get to do very often.

"...as God said,
'I will live in them, and move among them,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.'''
- 2 Corinthians 6:16 (RSV)

No comments: