Allan Bevere has tagged me from a meme created by L.L. Barkat. Here are the rules should you decide to keep them:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you.
3. Link back to the parent post (L.L. Barkat is not so much interested in generating links, but rather in tracking the meme so she can perhaps do a summary post later on that looks at patterns and interesting discoveries.)
4. Tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. Post these rules — or just have fun breaking them
How blogging has changed me:
1. Blogging has enabled me to converse with folks from across the United Methodist Connection, as well as with folks outside of our Connection. It was very, very interesting to follow the blogosphere a bit during General Conference 2008.
2. It has been a special blessing to connect more regularly (at times) with sisters and brothers in my own Annual Conference who don't live too far away but whom I get to see far too inconsistently.
3. I've managed to pick up some neat ministry ideas and get acquainted with some new worship resources and approaches and am still learning a good deal.
4. I am continually impressed by the great senses of humor out there. We have some extraordinarily funny people in the blogosphere. Thank God for that!
5. I've learned that the best of the blogosphere is inherently relational and generally respectful; the worst of it is nasty beyond all understanding.
I now tag the following individuals:
Anyone else who would like to participate