Friday, August 04, 2006

Idlewild

Today, we're taking the kids to Idlewild Park in Ligonier, PA. It's a beautiful amusement park and an excellent place for families to spend a day. We took Christian and Kate when they were just wee McIlwains, but this will be the first trip for Claire and Elliot.

Actually, my first job was at the Idlewild attraction known as Story Book Forest. There, in the summer of 1988, I played a dual role of Muffin the Dog in a walking puppet show and Captain Candy on the Good Ship Lollipop. A heatwave that summer made it pretty miserable at times. The highlight, I suppose, was that I dated Goldilocks. Everything you've heard about her is true.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Idlewild is the BEST! I began going there as a wee little one myself and have continued to go taking nieces and nephews.